The Spring 2016 Updates was released on the 18th of April 2016 for Kindle players; on 20th of April 2016 for Android players; on the 4th of May 2016 for iOS devices; and on the 12th of May 2016 for Windows computers, with release still pending on Mac computers.
Célébration du Défi du printemps Modifier
La célébration du printemps chronométré défis commencent quand un joueur atteint le niveau de jeu 7 dans le jeu (ou automatiquement après le téléchargement de la mise à jour si le joueur est déjà au dessus du niveau 7).
La célébration du printemps événement chronométré contient 3 défis. Les joueurs ont eu un certain nombre de jours pour compléter les tâches suivantes:
- Collecter 500 Sakura Blossoms en gagnant des jeux de Gem match pour gagner ouvrir le Magic Casket et de gagner un certain nombre de récompenses (Pandora Chests|Chest, certains Talismans et quelques articles de l' énergie).
- Complete 30 locations de quêtes pour gagner le Talisman une fois hors du printemps Talisman qui augmente le taux de restitution d'énergie de 5 fois pendant 24 heures. Après avoir terminé ces quêtes vous serez également en mesure de combiner le Sakura Talisman Artefact , qui diminuent la quantité d'énergie nécessaire pour jouer Pictures et Puzzles for24 heures.
- Atteindre niveau Académicien au Festival du Printemps de gagner un avatar unique.
Pendant la durée de la célébration du défi de printemps, Origami éléments spéciaux sont nécessaires en plus des points d'énergie pour jouer la Fête du Printemps. Origami sont donnés à titre de récompense pour chaque enquête réussie pour chaque image, et comme des récompenses pour les anomalies bannissant, mais pas pour jouer des puzzles. Origami ne peut pas être doué entre amis, mais ils sont donnés à titre de récompense pour combiner une partie de la nouvelle collection printemps 2016 collections, et ils peuvent être donnés comme récompenses par la Sphère des Miracles et Pyramid of Wonder.
Important : La quantité de temps disponible pour la célébration de défis chronométrés printemps variera entre plates - formes. Il est important de noter que la minuterie Défi commence le décompte à partir du moment où la mise à jour est publié dans l' App Store d'un dispositif, et non à partir du moment où un joueur télécharge la mise à jour. Retarder l' installation de la mise à jour ne vous donnera plus de temps à jouer les défis.
The Gem Match Challenge - collecting Sakura Blossoms Modifier
Players can open the Magic Casket and win a number of rewards by collecting 500 Sakura Blossoms. Sakura Blossoms can only be won by successfully completing the Gem Match puzzle. For each successful win of Gem Match, you can potentially win between 1-5 Sakura Blossoms as one of the rewards for completing the puzzle.
When you open the Research Window for Gem Match by tapping on the Gem Match puzzle icon on your Home Desktop you will see Sakura Blossoms listed as the first item in the 'Can be found' list for the puzzle. Sakura Blossoms are available to win for every play of the puzzle at every puzzle level.You must keep playing (and winning) Gem Match until you have collected 500 Sakura Blossoms in order to complete the challenge. Once you have collected all 500 Sakura Blossoms, you will be able to open the Magic Casket and collect your rewards.
The Magic Casket is located in the top right of the Home Desktop, between the Pipes and Memory Match Puzzles. You can tap on the Magic Casket at any time to bring up its information window. While you are collecting Sakura Blossoms, your progress towards 500 will be shown in the information window.
Once you have collected all 500 Sakura Blossoms, then the Magic Casket's will automatically open and the rewards will go directly into your inventory. A notification window will appear to say the casket is opened.
The opened Magic Casket will remain on your Home Desktop,in the same position. Tapping on this will still bring up the information window, however the Sakura Blossom counter will be replaced with a congratulations message.
The Magic Casket contains the following rewards:
- Pandora's Chest x1 (Chest)
- Scroll x1 (Talisman)
- Fortune Talisman x1 (Talisman)
- Money Bag x1 (Talisman)
- Winged Lightning x1 (Talisman)
- Cappuccino x1 (Energy Item)
- Ice Cream x1 (Energy Item)
- Donut x1 (Energy Item)
- Lunch box x1 (Energy Item)
Note: Just because an item is on a picture/puzzles 'Can be Found' list, it is not guaranteed you will win that item every time you play that picture/puzzle. There is an element of chance in the game that determines what items you will win when you successfully complete a picture/puzzle. All items are weighted based on their value in the game. Higher value items, like the Sakura Blossoms needed to open the Magic Casket, are weighted in such a way that they are less likely to be won than low value items such as some low level collection items and most combining elements.
Since the mechanism that rewards Sakura Blossoms is set up so that they are always included as one of the rewards for winning games of Gem Match, it is the number that you win per play that is weighted (with low numbers more likely than high numbers). This means you will not win a high number of Sakura Blossoms every single time you win a Gem Match Game, often you will only win 2.
However, all of the Timed Challenges are designed to be completable within the given time limit, so it is possible to collect 500 Souvenir balls well within the time given. The task is designed to be challenging, but it is not impossible!
Hints/Tips for Collecting Sakura Blossoms Modifier
Although it will take many plays of Gem Match to win 500 Sakura Blossoms, there are things you can do to make the challenge easier:
- Read the Gem Match article on this wiki for tips on playing Gem Match, including how to make special gems and combine them to create special moves to clear the board faster.
- Use tools when playing Gem Match. You can use Seeker's Eyes and Time Machines when playing Gem Match. Using a Seeker's Eye will remove one yellow border from the game board at random. This can be particularly useful for tricky corner pieces. However, since you cannot control which border is removed by the Seeker's Eye, it is better to wait until you only have a few left to remove to increase the chances of it removing the difficult one. Time Machines add 45 seconds to the puzzle timer, which can be a great help for the more difficult board configurations.
- Don't just play Gem Match over and over again; try to play a variety of pictures and puzzles as much when possible. The more you play a single picture/puzzle repeatedly, the worse the rewards for each win gets. In order to keep your chances of getting many Sakura Blossoms per play high, try mixing other pictures/puzzles into your playing rotation. Perhaps rotate trying to get the lunch chest with the other challenges in the Spring 2016 event (playing Spring Festival and completing the 30 challenge quests). This will also help avoid feelings of frustration with the game and challenge.
- Don't rely on Luck Talismans/Artefacts. Luck talismans (e.g. Horseshoes) and artefacts (e.g. Symbol of Success) do not increase your odds of winning a particular item, such as Sakura Blossoms, i.e. they do not change the weighting of items. However, they do increase the number of items you will win for each successful play of a picture/puzzle. Because you can win more items for each play, you essentially get more rolls of the dice each time you win. Since Sakura Blossoms are rewarded using the same mechanism as Christmas balls/Pumpkin Lanterns/Tokens special items etc during holiday themed timed challenges (i.e a number of Sakura Blossoms are awarded for each play, it is the amount you win that is weighted not whether or not you win them) instead of using the same mechanism as collection items/combining elements (i.e. you may or may not win the item each play, it is whether the item will be won or not that is weighted), Luck talismans and artefacts will not affect the number of Sakura Blossoms won per win of Gem Match. Since the game is coded to give out Sakura Blossoms for each play, increasing the number of different items won per play, by using luck talismans, will not change anything. The number of Sakura Blossoms given is also based on chance, with higher numbers weighted to appear less often than lower numbers, but Luck talismans/artefacts cannot help with this since they do not affect weighting.
- Use the Time Talisman artefact. If you are struggling to win Gem Match in the time given (particularly at lower puzzle levels, where less time is allotted to each play) then try to use a Time Talisman artefact. Once activated, this artefact adds 1 minute to every picture/puzzle for 24 hours.
The Unique Avatar - Getting Spring Festival to Academician Level ModifierPlayers can win the Unique Avatar by playing the new picture, Festival de printemps, until they increase its scene progress level up to Academician Level during the Spring 2016 Update's time sensitive challenge.
For the duration of the Spring 2016 update, Origami special items were needed for each play of the Spring Festival picture.
While the Timed Challenges are active (before you complete all three, or the timer expires, whichever happens first), Origami were given as rewards for every successful investigation for every picture in the game. At least one Origami is given for every game you win, but winning 2 or 3 Origami at a time is also possible.
Origami are also given as rewards from banishing anomalies, but not for playing puzzles. Origami cannot be gifted between friends, however they are given as rewards for combining some of the new Spring 2016 collections. Players with the Pyramid of Wonder or Sphere of Miracles also have a 1 in 6 chance of receiving Origami from these Desktop Awards when collecting their rewards every 12 hours. The number of Origami needed for each play of Spring Festival increases as you increase the Picture Levels of Spring Festival (+5 Origami per Level increase), starting at 5 Origami per play when the picture is opened at Novice Level and increasing to 40 Origami per play when the picture is at Professor Level.
You will win an average of about 1.8 Origami for every play of other Pictures during the challenge so will need to play roughly 1,825 other pictures to collect enough Origami (or 1,571 other pictures to collect enough if using the Amulet of Santa when playing Spring Festival). This works out at 79 plays of other Pictures per day over the 23 days of the challenge. A simple way of looking at this challenge is to aim to play all non-special item pictures (29 total) 3 times each day, if possible.
As soon as you return to your Home Desktop after playing Spring Festival for the 150th time, a notification screen will appear to say that the avatar challenge is complete and you have won the unique Avatar.
The avatar will automatically go into the Avatar section, but will not automatically replace your current Avatar. To use the new Avatar, you must tap on your current Avatar to bring up the Avatars window and scroll to the end of the list to find the new Avatar. Tap on the Avatar to select it.
Hints/Tips for Winning the Unique Avatar Modifier
- Try to play a variety of pictures as much when possible when playing, instead of just playing Spring Festival over and over again. The more you play a single picture/puzzle repeatedly, the worse the rewards for each win gets. Additionally, the bigger variety of pictures you play, the bigger variety of collection items you can potentially win. This will greatly increase the number of regular collections you will be able to combine, which will potentially give you more tools, energy items, talismans and artefacts that will all help with completing the quest.
- If you are low on energy, but close to leveling up (at which point your energy will restore), play Cour de Bouddha until you level up. At higher picture levels Buddha's Square potentially rewards a cappuccino for each successful picture investigation. Cappuccinos restore 30 energy points when used, and Buddha's Square only requires 31 energy points at most to play (at professor level). This means you can play for free or next to free if you have a good success rate of winning Cappuccinos. Using Luck talismans and artefacts, like horseshoes, while playing Buddha's Square will increase your odds for winning Cappuccinos. This also means that Buddha's Square is a great picture to play when collecting Origami, as by winning cappuccinos and restoring the energy you are using to play, you are basically collecting Origami for free in terms of energy costs.
- If you are low on energy, avoid playing the newest pictures in the game too often (Tavern, Treasure Island, Theater, Forest House, Excavations, Winter Street, Flower Shop, Observation Deck, Banquet Hall, Spooky Yard, Wonder Shop, Mountain Resort, Rock Stage) as these pictures do not reward combining elements and usually have a high energy demand (except for Forest House and Winter Street). Although some of the collections rewarded by some of these pictures (especially Tavern) are tempting, the lack of combining elements means you will struggle to combine the collections they reward, and the majority of collection items they reward are for collections with lesser rewards than the original pictures in the game.
- Use the Amulet of Santa Artefacts|artefact to decrease the number of Origami needed to play Spring Festival. The Amulet of Santa artefact reduces the number of Special Items needed to play paid scenes like Spring Festival by 20% per 24 hours once activated. Using Amulet of Santa artefacts when playing Spring Festival could potentially reduce the total number of Origami you need to find to reach Academician level from 3,285 to 2,628.
- Use the Valentines Amulet artefact to decrease the amount of energy needed to play every picture/puzzle when you are ready to play Spring Festival a number of times. The Valentines amulet reduces the amount of energy needed to play by 10% for 12 hours, so will enable you to play Spring Festival (and other pictures) more times with your available energy.
- Use luck talismans and artefacts, such as horseshoes, in conjunction with the Valentine's Amulet, and make sure to play Arbre des rendez-vous in rotation when you are playing the pictures. This will increase your chances of finding all the collection items needed to combine another Valentine's Amulet as you play.
- As you play through the 30 challenge quests to win the Talisman of Spring, you will be able to combine 5 new collections added as part of the update. These quests will reward Origami once combined, and both the Talisman of Spring and also the Sakura Talisman Artefact that you win when completing these quests help with energy consumption while playing.
The Challenge Quests, the Talisman of Spring and the Sakura ArtefactModifier
The Talisman of Spring Talisman can be won once a player completes all 30 of the special Spring 2016 challenge quests introduced as part of update. The quests must be completed within the time limit of the Timed Challenge in order to unlock the Talisman.
Once the quests are completed, the Talisman of Spring automatically goes into your inventory, and a new page of the Diary page 'New Awakening' will open.
A notification screen will appear to say that the 30 challenge quests are complete and you have won the Talisman of Spring, but you must go to the Talisman section of the Inventory itself to see and use the new Talisman.
Once activated, the Talisman of Spring will increase the rate of energy restoration by 5 times for 24 hours.
In addition to winning the Talisman of Spring, players will also be able to combine the Sakura Talisman Artefact once they have completed the 30 challenge quests since the collections combined as part of the 30 quests create the 5 items needed to combine this new Artefact.
Once the quests are completed, players must manually combine the Sakura Talisman Artefact. To do this, open the Collections Window and select the Artefacts tab. Locate the Sakura Talisman artefact and press the green combine button.
You will need 20 each of the following combining elements to combine the Artefact - Second Hand; Minute Hand; Hour Hand; Clock Face. All artefact combining elements can be won by combining collections in the game. Every time you combine a Collection you will be awarded an artefact combining element at random. You can also be given these combining elements as Free Gifts by your Friends. Like Collection combining elements, Artefact combining elements are Free Gifts, and do not come out of your inventory when you send them as gifts to your Friends.
Once the combined, the Sakura Talisman Artefact automatically goes into the Talisman tab of your inventory, where it can be activated.
Once activated, the Sakura Talisman Artefact will decrease the amount of energy required to play Pictures and Puzzles by 5% for 24 hours.
Winning the Talisman of Spring Modifier
A special decorative border in the quest list marks the 30 quests needed to win the Talisman of Spring. Other quests added by the update, with regular gold borders, do not count towards the 30 when completed.
Note: the very first quest that displays the special decorative border is the quest to find the picture pieces needed to unlock and open the Spring Festival picture. However, this quest does not count towards the 30 quests needed to win the Talisman of Spring. This means there are actually 31 quests that display the decorative border, but only the last 30 of them count towards the challenge. But importantly, you will need to complete this first quest in order to complete the challenge as the 30 quests that make up the challenge will not start until this quest is completed (there is only ever one quest with a special decorative border active at any one time) and the other quests require you to play the picture Spring Festival (which this quest opens).
The special 30 quests that must be completed in order to win the Talisman of Spring consist of 5 collection sequences of 6 quests each. The first 5 quests of each sequence are to find each of the 5 items belonging to one new collection added by the update. The 6th quest is to combine the collection.
The 5 collections players gather as they complete the 30 quests are:
- Tea ceremony (combines to create "Set for tea ceremony" and rewards 10 Origami when combined)
- Garden equipment (combines to create "Watering can" and rewards 15 Origami when combined)
- Blooming garden (combines to create "Sakura seedlings" and rewards 20 Origami when combined)
- Japanese garden (combines to create "Tea house" and rewards 25 Origami when combined)
- Traditional Japanese clothing (combines to create "Kimono" and rewards 30 Origami when combined)
All the items that make up these collections cannot be gifted between friends (they do not have green plus signs to add them to your wishlist and they will not appear in the 'Send a collection item' tab when sending gifts to your friends.
They are all also 'Quest only' items, which means that they cannot be won normally by playing pictures/puzzles. They are only available to win in pictures while the quest for the particular item is activated and will stop being available to win in that picture once the quest is completed. They may also drop as random items when you are visiting your friends and charging their desktops; from the Collectors Desktop award when collecting its rewards; and from opening Pandora's Chests, however whether or not you get any of these items in those ways is completely up to chance.
This means that the only way to complete these quests is to follow the quest instructions as you get the quests. This makes these 30 challenge quests slightly more difficult than the challenge quests in some other Timed Challenges, all of which could be gifted between friends or won in regular play of certain pictures.
The Challenge Quests Modifier
The 30 quests that are needed to win the Talisman of Spring are:
|Quest Number||Quest Name||Quest Instructions||Item Won||Collection Sequence|
|0||Scent of Spring||Investigate the photo in|
'Text'mode to find an object
|Fragments of Spring Festival Picture||N/A|
|1||Tea box||Investigate "Spring Festival" to find an object||Tea box||Tea ceremony|
|2||Spring's joy and melancholy||Investigate "Spring Festival" in|
'Silhouette'mode to find an object
|3||Teacups for everyone||Investigate "Spring Festival" to find an object.||Teacups||Tea ceremony|
|4||Getting into the mood||Investigate "Spring Festival" to find an object.||Tea stirrer||Tea ceremony|
|5||Table for a cheerful group||Investigate "Spring Festival" in|
'Night'mode to find an object.
|Tea table||Tea ceremony|
|6||Organizing the ceremony||
You must gather (combine) the Collection to obtain the object.
|Set for tea ceremony||Tea ceremony|
|7||A pleasant fuss||Investigate "Spring Festival" to find an object.||
|8||Preparatory work||Investigate "Spring Festival" to find an object.||Rake||Garden equipment|
|9||Digging up the soil||Investigate "Spring Festival" in|
'Text'mode to find an object.
|10||Fertile soil||Investigate "Spring Festival" to find an object.||Hand fork||Garden equipment|
|11||Tree care||Investigate "Spring Festival" to find an object.||Shears||Garden equipment|
|12||Watering the seedlings||You must gather (combine) the collection to obtain the object.||Watering Can||Garden equipment|
|13||A big responsibility||Investigate "Spring Festival" in|
'Silhouette'mode to find an object.
|Rose seedlings||Blooming garden|
|14||Isles of green||Investigate "Spring Festival" to find an object.||Carnation seedlings||Blooming garden|
|15||The color of harmony||Investigate "Spring Festival" to find an object.||Jasmine seedlings||Blooming garden|
|16||Ambitious plans||Investigate "Spring Festival" in|
'Pairs'mode to find an object.
|Magnolia seedlings||Blooming garden|
|17||Sweet cherry tree||Investigate "Spring Festival" to find an object.||Cherry seedlings||Blooming garden|
|18||The main emphasis||You must gather (combine) the collection to obtain the object.||Sakura seedlings||Blooming garden|
|19||Reflection corner||Investigate "Spring Festival" to find an object.||Decorative bridge||Japanese garden|
|20||Play of light||Investigate "Spring Festival" in|
'Silhouette'mode to find an object.
|Hanging lantern||Japanese garden|
|21||Monumental lantern||Investigate "Spring Festival" to find an object.||Stone lantern||Japanese garden|
|22||The sound of water||Investigate "Spring Festival" in|
'Night'mode to find an object.
|23||Stones of enlightenment||Investigate "Spring Festival" to find an object.||The 15 stones||Japanese garden|
|24||Tea house||You must gather (combine) the collection to obtain the object.||Tea house||Japanese garden|
|25||A proper tea ceremony||Investigate "Spring Festival" to find an object.||Yukata||Traditional Japanese clothing|
|26||Diligent maiko||Investigate "Spring Festival" to find an object.||Obi||Traditional Japanese clothing|
|27||Alfred's Japanese attire||Investigate "Spring Festival" in|
'Morphs'mode to find an object.
|Hakama||Traditional Japanese clothing|
|28||Japanese shoes||Investigate "Spring Festival" to find an object.||Zori||Traditional Japanese clothing|
|29||Wooden sandals||Investigate "Spring Festival" in|
'Pairs'mode to find an object.
|Geta||Traditional Japanese clothing|
|30||Seeker's kimono||You must gather (combine) the collection to obtain the object.||Kimono||Traditional Japanese clothing|
Hints/Tips for Winning the Talisman of Spring and Sakura TalismanModifier
- Use the strongest Luck Talismans/artefacts you have available whenever you are playing. This will increase the number items you win for each play, which will increase you chances of winning the quest item. Diamond Horseshoe talismans (+90% chance of winning items for 120 minutes) and the Symbol of Success artefact (+50% chance of winning items for 24 hours) are the most powerful luck talismans available in the game, so when playing other pictures choose pictures which award items needed for collections that reward these talismans. You will need to play other pictures during the challenge anyway to collect Origami to play Spring Festival, so by making sure that Taverne (rewards items for collections that reward Diamond horseshoes) and Venise; Cour de Bouddha; Salle du trône; Temple Maya; Ville fantôme; Joy Café; Parc d'attractions; Bungalow; Abri brumeux (rewards items for collections needed to combine Symbol of Success) are in your rotation while you increase your chances of getting more of these powerful luck talismans to use for the quests. Note that using powerful luck talismans will not guarantee that you win the quest item on your first attempt, as all they do is give a percentage increase to the coded 'chance' of winning the item in the game. If an item normally has only a 10% chance of being won per play of the correct quest requirements, then using luck talismans that give you a 100% increase will not give you a 100% chance of winning the item. It will just increase the 10% by 100%, giving you a 20% chance of winning the item. Hard to get items will still be hard to get.
- Use your Magic Crystal Talismans during the challenge. The Magic Crystal Talisman works as a luck talisman (it increases your odds of finding objects by 12% when activated), and the Social Events Update has fixed the problem where no other luck talisman could be activated while using it, so now you can use them again together again. This means you can add an additional 12% increase in odds of finding objects to other Luck Talismans that you use during the challenge. You can only use one other Luck Talisman once the Magic Crystal Talisman is activated (as you cannot use more than one Luck Talisman at a time), but you can use one of any other Luck Talisman or the Symbol of Success Artefact at the same time as Magic Crystal Talisman again. The Magic Crystal Talisman lasts for 10 days.
- The Challenge quests usually ask for you to play Festival de printemps, so it is best to continue to work on Spring Festival as normal when playing and not to worry too much about the quests themselves, they will be completed as you go. That is, it is better to concentrate your resources just working on the Avatar challenge - getting Spring Festival to Academician level. You will complete the quests naturally as you increase the picture to Academician level. The hints/tips for that challenge will therefore also aide in completing this challenge.
- Read the quest instructions carefully. Most quests just ask you to play Spring Festival, but some will specify a mode. The item will only be available to win when the picture is in the correct mode. Most modes cannot be 'forced', which means you cannot make them appear in rotation. However, 'Text' mode can be triggered by banishing (not playing) an anomaly in the picture. If the quest asks for Text mode in Spring Festival, then play other pictures until an anomaly appears in Spring Festival. You can then banish the anomaly, making the next mode Text mode. (Make sure the picture is not in Night mode while waiting for an anomaly, play it to change the mode if it is in night mode).
- The items needed to complete the quests cannot be gifted between friends. However they may drop as random items when you are visiting your friends and charging their desktops; from the Collectors Desktop Award when collecting its rewards; and from opening Pandora's Chests. Whether this happens or not will be completely up to chance, but in order to increase your odds it is a good idea to visit your friends every day when doing the challenge.
- You can complete a quest by combining the collection involved in the quest. E.g. if you already have all 5 items for a collection and are currently on the quest for the 3rd item in the collection, then combining the collection will automatically complete the quest. The next quest to start will be the quest for the 4th item in the collection and you will have to find both the 4th and the 5th item in the collection as normal, but the 6th quest in that sequence - to combine the collection - will also complete automatically when it starts. However, it will be rare to be able to complete any of these collections early since the items do not have a regular play location, so do not rely on being able to do this to skip difficult quests.
After the Challenge is complete Modifier
Once you complete all three Spring 2016 Update Challenges, or after the challenge timer expires, Origami may be restricted so that they will only be won in the Pictures Maison Japonaise and Parc d'attractions (instead of in all the Pictures like during the Timed Challenges).
This restriction of the challenge quest special items after completion has been a feature of the last few timed update challenges (e.g. Christmas2014, Halloween2014), Travel Time Update, Mountain Vacation Update) and is designed to allow players to collect enough to complete the challenge within the short time frame but not amass a large quantity after the challenge is over in the months leading up to the next update. The game does not want players to have an excess of these items as they would give an big advantage in the game after the update.
Typically, one of two things may happen to the Origami when the next update is released:
- The Origami may be removed from the game by the future update, and any remaining in the player's inventory could be converted to other special items (such as Fireflies, Ladybugs, carrots, cupid arrows and tokens). In this case, keeping the number of Origami a player can accumulate down will keep the number of other special items the player can win down, since these items are meant to be rare.
- The Origami could be kept in the game as a requirement for playing Spring Festival, like the Cupid Arrows were kept in the game as a requirement for playing Arbre des rendez-vous after the Valentines Update and Tokens were kept in the game as a requirement for playing Pont d'observation after the Travel Time Update (which introduced them in an identical quest). In this case, the game would want to keep the number of Origami a player can win down after the challenge so that Spring Festival would work the same way as any other picture with a special item requirement - where the special item is rare and can only be won in a few pictures.
Either way, players being able to accumulate a large amount of Origami (by winning them in every picture) after the challenge is over but before the new update arrives would give them too large a boost in game resources compared to what would normally be accomplish-able in the same time period, which is why recent updates have introduced the restriction after the challenge quests are complete or the timer expires (whichever happens first).
It is worth noting that some of the regular quests that were introduced with the update require you to play Spring Festival (including some of the very last quests of the new crop you will work through). In order to maximise how many Origami you can earn to aid in these quests, it is best to not complete all 3 of the timed challenges until the challenge timer is nearly finished. Keeping one of the 3 challenges incomplete for as long as possible will keep the time period that Snowdrops can be won in every picture in the game open as long as possible.
The Gem Match challenge of collecting 500 Sakura Blossoms is the easiest of the 3 to leave uncompleted (both of the other challenges require you play Spring Festival so you will naturally complete one as you complete the other, whereas the Gem Match challenge is kept entirely separate from the others).
Alternatively, players could opt to complete the Gem Match challenge in order to open the Magic Casket and instead leave the final challenge quest (to combine the Traditional Japanese clothing collection) incomplete by simply not combining the collection. However, by using this approach players must remember not to combine the collection, which they may do by accident whilst combining other collections.
It does not matter which challenge is left incomplete, Origami will still be available to win in every Picture in the game (except Spring Festival itself), as long as one part of the timed challenges isn't finished. Players opting to leave one challenge incomplete in order to more easily collect Origami should remember to keep an eye on the challenge timer if they do wish to complete the final part before the event ends. If players do want to finish the part of the challenge they have left incomplete to collect Origami, then they should be particularly cautious around extensions added to the challenge as these have been known to be inconsistent (some timers unexpectedly ending early during the extension period).
The Mountain Vacation Update's Snowdrops and Station de montagne Modifier
As part of the Mountain Vacation Update, the picture Station de montagne required special items called Snowdrops, in addition to energy points, for each play. The Snowdrops were removed from the game as part of the Spring 2016 Update and Mountain Resort is now a regular picture that just requires energy points to play. The Mountain Vacation collections that rewarded Snowdrops as rewards for combining them were also changed to reward regular game items such as Talismans and items to banish anomalies.
At the beginning of the Spring 2016 update, any remaining Snowdrops in a player's Inventory are converted into equal parts Fireflies, Ladybugs, Carrots, Cupid arrows, and Tokens, the 5 main special items needed to player the regular paid scenes in the game.
Other Changes Made by the Spring 2016 UpdateModifier
Two new Artefacts have been added to the game by the Spring 2016 Update. These can be seen in the Artefacts tab of the Collections Window (at the bottom of the list if sorting is disabled), and, once combined, can be activated from the Talismans tab of the Inventory Window.
The Sakura Talisman, which players will combine and win as they work through the Spring Timed Challenges, decreases the amount of energy required to play Pictures and Puzzles by 5% for 24 hours when activated.
The Amulet of Peace, which players can win by combining non-challenge related and giftable collections added by the update, increases rewards won from visiting friends by 50% for 24 hours when activated. This Artefact works exactly the same as all Talismans/Artefacts related to visiting friends (e.g. past time challenge reward Artefacts and the current Talismans available to buy in the Shop). The 50% increase only applies to the coins and the experience points awarded, both from daily visiting bonuses and from charging items on Friends' Home Desktops whilst visiting them. Special Items (e.g Ladybugs for the Mill) that are awarded as part of the daily bonuses while visiting friends do not appear to benefit from the amulets 50% increase. Collection Items that "drop" while charging items on Friends' Home Desktops should also not be affected, though this is open to additional analysis.
Changes to gifting friendsModifier
After sending a gift to a Friend, the gifting window now does not automatically close. Instead it must be manually closed using the 'x' in the top right hand corner of the window. This allows players to send more than one gift to that friend at a time, without having to reopen the gifting window for each gift sent.
This change will most likely slow down gifting for players who play within the game rules and having limited gifting allowances that need to be spread out among all of their friends, but will likely speed up gifting for players who cheat to get around those game defined gifting restrictions and are more likely to be sending multiple gifts to each of their friends. What this change says about the game developers attitude towards such practices is open to interpretation.
Removal of Tavern Update challenge itemsModifier
As part of the Tavern Update, players were asked to collect 80 items in order to 'restore the broken lock on the Order's chest'. These 80 items consisted of 10 each of 8 unique items added to the game by the Update. Players could win each of these unique items by winning games of specific hidden object pictures. Once a player had collected 10 each of these 8 unique items, they could open the Order's Chest on their desktop and receive a number of rewards. Once a player had opened their Order's Chest, the 8 unique items disappeared from the 'Can be Found' list of the Pictures that they previously could be won in order to stop players winning any more of those items once they where no longer needed (as players could only open the Order's Chest once during the update). However, the mechanism to stop players winning any more of these items contained a major flaw - although players could no longer win the items by playing the pictures, they could win them by banishing anomalies from those Pictures. This meant that players continued to accumulate these unique items in their inventory but had no way of using them. Many players ended up collecting many of each of these 8 unique items, and these leftovers have remained in those player's inventories ever since (the Tavern Update was released in May of 2014!).
The Spring 2016 Update has finally removed these redundant items from players' inventories!
At the beginning of the Spring 2016 update, any remaining Tavern challenge items in a player's Inventory are converted into equal parts Fireflies, Ladybugs, Carrots, Cupid arrows, and Tokens, the 5 main special items needed to player the regular paid scenes in the game.
Problems with the Spring 2016 UpdateModifier
Server Problems Gifting and Visiting Modifier
As with all large updates released for the game, the Spring 2016 update will cause an overload in the games servers during peak times for a couple of days immediately following the release of the update on any platform. During this time players may encounter problems visiting and gifting, and be given a "Failure to connect to the servers." error message when trying to interact with the Friends portion of the game. The servers normally go back to normal after a couple of days once all players on that platform have downloaded the new update.
The Spring 2016 Update follows the same formula as all other updates released in the last 12 months. Although the update does introduce 2 new Pictures instead of just 1, something that has not been done since the 2014 Christmas Update, it does not make much use of the 2nd new Picture added and uses the same timed challenges as many previous updates.
Disproportionate work for rewards in Timed ChallengeModifier
Once again, the rewards for completing certain tasks in the timed challenges introduced by the Spring 2016 Update do not reflect the amount of work required to complete the tasks.
Lack of diversity in 'Unique Avatars' rewarded in Timed Challenges Modifier
Once again, the main portion of the Timed Challenges introduced by this update is to play a new picture many, many times in order to win a 'Unique' avatar to use in the game. And once again, this avatar is lacks diversity.
Glitches par la mise ajoutées à jour de printemps 2016Modifier
Un certain Nombre de question Anomalies are apparues au printemps 2016 mise à jour.
Les Joueurs Ont Rapporté Anomalies apparaissant sans avertissement en images Qui sont Dans d'Autres modes de jeu. Il N'y une indication de Qu'un Aucune Anomaly sérums présent avant de l'Commencer Enquête de l'image, Mais les conditions Anomaly sérums présent, en plus de des conditions de mode normal (par exemple, l'obscurité versez le mode de nuit) , Une Fois Que le jeu commence. CE when Problème se produit Dans Une image, il is susceptible de REPETER verser les enquêtes ultérieures of this image. Entièrement Cesser de fumer et de rouvrir le jeu (l'arrêt et le Redémarrage d'apparatus féra ACDE en Cas de Doute de la procédure pleinement lâcheur Plutôt Que de minimiseur le jeu) may temporarily Résoudre le Problème.
En plus de un Anomalies apparaissant Là où ILS ne are pas ATTENDUS, les Problèmes were rapportés with Anomalies Qui sont affichées correctement sur le plateau non de jeu. LORs D'une tentative de bannir une anomalie visible l'image partir de d'en juin à, des informations bannissant Anomaly incorrecte can be Affiché in the fenêtre de confirmation. Les JOUEURS will be Informés Qu'ils doivent UTILISER juin «boîte de chocolats» versez l'Anomalie bannir Plutôt Que l'Anomalie article bannissant normal.
Embauche Magiciens pas de travailModifier
La mise à jour de printemps 2016 un lieu mis en Un petit Problème à l ' embauche d' amis. L 'embauche d' magicien non Profession ami devrait Réduire la quantity d'énergie Nécessaire versez le Prochain jeu d'une Image ous Puzzle de 10%. DEPUIS la mise à jour de printemps 2016, CE ne Fonctionne ainsi correctement. La quantity d'énergie Requise versez le jeu figurante in the fenêtre de recherche de l'image ous ne Puzzle Baisse Comme Prévu, Mais la quantity d'énergie consommée par le jeu is the same amount Que Si vous ne l 'Avez pas l embaucher 'ami magicien. D 'Autres professions être Les semblent affectés par CE Problème.
Glitches fixed by the Spring 2016 UpdateModifier
Keyboard function issuesModifier
The problem with the space bar not working in certain parts of the game - e.g. when using the search function in the Collections section or in the Friends section - that was introduced by the Mountain Resort Update, has been fixed.